Excitement is what every member of your family feels, when a newborn is expected. A new family member you have not seen before. The question on everyone lips is…. “is it going to be a boy or a girl?” Mom and dad replies; “Pregnancy scan can says its a boy”. Your older kids start fighting over who gets to choose a name for the newborn immediately.
“Then he will be called Wale”, “No, Obinna”, another sibling object sharply.
Your third Child screams “NO…ooo, I name him Musa”.
Whatever the name, the family decides to choose, it is you and your hubby’s duty to make available the baby’s essentials. Even after two or three kids, you may still get confused on the essential things to get ready before the arrival of the family’s latest celebrity. If that’s the case with you, Jemima Magazine is here to help you out.
Essentials For Your Newborn Baby
- Cot ,mattress, sheets and blankets
- Car seat
- Pram/buggy/travel system
- Six sleepsuits/ long sleeved suits
- Six vests/ short sleeved suits
- Two cardigans/ jacket
- Hat, bootees
- Changing mat
- Nappies and nappy sacks
- Nursing bra and breast pads
- Bottles/teats/bottle brush (only needed if not breastfeeding)
- Loads of bibs
- Plenty of towels/ flannels/ muslin squares (for bathing and dribbles!)
- Loads of kitchen roll and cotton wool pads
- Hair brush.
Things that are handy
- Moses basket/ crib (plus mattress, sheets and blankets)
- Baby bath
- Baby box or bag
- Bouncy chair
- Baby monitor
- Changing bag
- Breast pump
- Steam steriliser
- Baby lotion
- Baby wipes
- Bath thermometer
- Nail scissors
- Nappy wrapper
- Nappy Cream
- Small comb
With these you are 70% ready to receive the family’s newest celeb.