- Have an exit route-that serves as the quickest way out of your house.
- Note that the safest room in your home in the case of fire outbreak is the bathroom.
- Wet the towels and block door spaces (underneath) so as to prevent toxic smoke from flooding in.
- Do not touch the door handle, if it is hot, and dot not open the door because the fire is raging behind it.
- Agree on a safe place to meet up with members of your family as soon as you escape from the house.
- If you have elderly or disabled people in the house, let them know where the emergency exits and the evacuation chair is.
- Be sure to wrap a damp cloth around your mouth and nose in order to limit smoke inhalation.
- Know that it is more important to evacuate than grab your purse/clothes/valuables./>
Plus Size V Neck Floral Handkerchief Dress only $11.96
- Always have an emergency plan and communicate them to your children. Beware of flammable nighties and pyjamas. They may look cute but they light up like a candle.